Walkies LTD Terms of Trade
In these conditions unless the context otherwise requires:
- Company means Walkies LTD.
- Client means the person requesting and using the Walkies services.
- Services mean the pet services listed on the Walkies Website.
- Contract means the profile of the relevant pet which reflects the date/s and nature of the service to be performed.
- Contract price means the price of services (including admin and other fees) as reflected on the Walkies Website and/or as agreed in writing between the Client and the Company.
- Adhoc customer means a customer who may or may not have previously used Walkies’ services, but requires less than:
- 12 dog walking sessions in a month
- 12 pet taxi services in a month
- 12 cat or other pet feeding services in 3 months
- Regular customer means Walkies had previously serviced the pet/s, a completed pet profile exists on the Company’s database, Walkies has a key/remote or access code and
- The dog/s are being walked on specific day/s every week; or
- The cat/s or other pets are fed by the Company at regular intervals whilst the owner is away on business/holiday.
- Pet Care Professional is the person who provides the services to the Client and their domestic pets.
2. Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions and any subsequent Terms and Conditions issued by the Company shall apply to all requests for services made by the Client after the date and time at which these conditions are first delivered or sent by email or text to, or otherwise brought to the notice of, any employee or representative of the Client. It shall be the Client’s responsibility to ensure that these conditions are promptly brought to the attention of the Company’s Operational Head or the responsible Pet Care Professional, and accordingly any request for service made by the Client after the date and time described above in this clause shall be deemed to be an acceptance of these conditions.
The Company will treat you, your pet/s and your property with respect and promises to provide reliable, friendly and trustworthy service/s. We will provide heaps of cuddles and affection if your pet allows it and you can expect regular feedback on your pet’s well-being.
We will endeavour to keep your confidential information safe and will not disclose this information to any outside third party without your consent.
We will endeavour to commence the walkies service within the three hour time frame provided by the client. Due to the nature of our business we cannot guarantee a specific start time of the service and we therefore request a start time frame which is acceptable to the client.
If any instruction (i.e. verbally, per email or text) is received by the Company from the Client for the supply of services, it shall constitute acceptance of the Terms and Conditions contained herein. Upon acceptance of these Terms and Conditions by the Client, the Terms and Conditions are definitive and binding.
5. Quotation for services
The Client may request a written Quotation for specific services (i.e. house-sitting or pet-transporting) from the Company setting out the price, duration and type of services to be rendered. If the Quotation is acceptable to the Client, then this is to be confirmed to the Company in writing within the set time frame on the quote. Once the quote has been accepted and the meet and greet arranged, a 50% non-refundable deposit is required to be paid by the Client.
- The Prices shall be as indicated on the Walkies Website, Quotation and/or the invoices provided by the Company to the Client in respect of services supplied.
- The Price shall be the Price of the Company’s current Price at the date of delivery of any services.
- Time for payment for the services shall be of the essence and will be stated on the invoice or quotation. If no time is stated then payment shall be due within 5 days of service delivery.
- The Company reserves the right to implement a surcharge for changes to agreed-upon services after the contract has been finalised, as well as for Dog Walking services provided over weekends or public holidays
- The following fees are applicable:
- Meet & Greet fee ($25): a comprehensive profile needs to be prepared about the pet’s health, temperament, sociability, exercise preferences and, if applicable, feeding requirements. Additional details also need to be captured (i.e. contact details, property access, Vet information). A meet and greet is strongly advised although this is not compulsory for pet visits or taxi services (Compulsory for dog walks). The fee includes 25 mins meet & greet plus profile compilation. Additional $30 per half hour if more than standard 25 mins required
- Key/remote collection and/or drop off fuel fee ($15): Two (2) sets of keys must be supplied to Walkies if the company needs to access the property for the provision of regular pet services. Key handover can be done at the same time as Meet & Greet, which will revoke this collection fee
- Late Cancellation of service : Any pet feeding or dog walking service not taking place due to the service not being cancelled 48 hours prior to service scheduled date and time, or the dog not being home for collection or accessories not being available as arranged with owner (dog leashes, harnesses, keys, etc.) for this purpose, will incur a late/ non-cancellation fee of $15. 50% non-refundable deposit is required for house sitting. Full fees will be charged for services booked and cancelled during Dec / Jan peak periods,
- Admin fee ($15): If any changes to the booked or scheduled pet services are made 48 hours or less of the service commencing, an Admin fee of $15 will be charged to the client.
- Ad hoc dog walking requests are not charged the normal rates as regular customers. The relevant fees/rates will be given to the client upon their request.
- Admin fee of $5 for pet feeds totaling 5 feeds or less, during any given period.
8. Payment, Late Payment, Default of Payment and Consequences of Default of Payment
- Fortnightly invoices will be issued by email (if by post is preferred, then this needs to be specifically requested).
- The method of payment will be made by internet transfer, cheque, or direct credit.
- Subject to any provision to the contrary in the Contract, payment shall be received within 5 days of receipt date of invoice.
- Late payment shall incur interest at the rate of 10% per annum calculated on a daily basis. This shall be payable on any monies outstanding from the date payment was due until the date payment is received by the Company, but without prejudice to the Company’s other rights or remedies in respect of the Client’s default in failing to make payment on the due date.
- Without prejudice to any other remedies the Company may have, if at any time the Client is in breach of any obligation (including those relating to payment), the Company may suspend or terminate the supply of services to the Client and any of its other obligations under the terms and conditions. The Company will not be liable to the Client for any loss or damage the Client suffers because the Company exercised its rights under this clause.
9. Halt services
The Client may halt its services with Walkies at any given time (preferably one week before the final service date) by written instruction to the Company.
If the request is to halt services for a specified period only (i.e. dog going on holiday) then clear instruction to the company is required about the last date of service and the date for re-commencement of services.
If the request is to terminate the services (i.e. moving house), clear communication of the last date of service is required.
If, during any service to any pet(s), it is determined that the health and safety of the Pet Care Professional or pet(s) will be or are at risk due to the behaviour of the pet(s), the Company may immediately cease services for this reason.
10. Dispute resolution
The Company will endeavour to resolve any dispute between the Client and itself without the need for Court proceedings. Any such attempt is without legal prejudice.
The Client shall indemnify and hold harmless the Pet Care Professional and Walkies Limited of and from any and all claims, demands, losses, causes of action, damage, lawsuits, judgments, including attorneys' fees and costs, arising out of or relating to the work of the Pet Care Professional.