Walkies (2017) Limited Terms of Trade
In these conditions unless the context otherwise requires:
- Company means Walkies (2017) Limited, or 'Walkies' or 'we / our'.
- Client means the person requesting and using the Walkies services, or 'you'.
- Services mean the pet services listed on our website.
- Contract means the profile of the relevant pet which reflects the date/s and nature of the service to be performed.
- Contract price means the price of services (including admin and other fees) as reflected on our website and/or as agreed in writing between you and Walkies.
- Regular client means we have previously provided pet services, a completed pet profile exists on our database, Walkies has a key/remote or access code and
- The dog/s are being walked on specific day/s every week; or
- The cat/s or other pets are fed by Walkies at regular intervals.
- Adhoc client means a client who may or may not have previously used Walkies’ services, but requires less than:
- 8 dog walking sessions in a month
- 8 pet taxi services in a month
- 10 cat or other pet feeding services in 3 months
- Pet Care Professional is the person who delivers our services.
2. Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions and any subsequent Terms and Conditions published by Walkies on our website shall apply to all requests for services made by you. Any request for service you make shall be deemed to be an acceptance of these conditions.
- Walkies will treat you, your pet/s and your property with respect.
- Our team will provide regular feedback on your pet’s well-being.
- We will keep your confidential information safe and will not disclose this information to any outside third party without your consent.
- We will commence all services within the three hour time frame we have agreed with you.
If you request a service for your pet, we will provide it and you will accept it under these binding Terms and Conditions. You are bound to pay for all services provided.
5. Quotation for services
You may ask for a quote for specific services, which we will happily provide in writing via email.
We may ask you for a 50% non-refundable deposit before we commence services, particularly if you have not used our services previously.
- Our prices are listed on our website, or may be individually quoted to you.
- An adhoc service fee may apply.
- We will email invoices to you.
- Time for payment for the services shall be of the essence and will be stated on the invoice or quotation. If no time is stated then payment shall be due within 5 days of invoice issue.
- The Company reserves the right to implement a surcharge for services provided over weekends or public holidays, but will discuss this with you before commencing services.
- The following fees may be charged:
- Meet & Greet fee ($25): a comprehensive profile needs to be prepared about the pet’s health, temperament, sociability, exercise preferences and, if applicable, feeding requirements. Additional details also need to be captured (i.e. contact details, property access, Vet information). A meet and greet is strongly advised although this is not compulsory for pet visits or taxi services (but is compulsory for dog walks). The fee includes 25 mins meet & greet plus profile compilation.
- Key/remote collection and/or drop off fuel fee ($15): Two (2) sets of keys must be supplied to Walkies if the company needs to access the property for the provision of regular pet services. Key handover completed at the time of a Meet & Greet, is not charged additionally.
- Late Cancellation of service ($15): We require 48 hours notice for the cancellation of scheduled services, otherwise a cancellation fee will be charged. A 50% non-refundable deposit is required for house sitting or cat feeds during peak Dec / Jan periods.,
- Admin fee ($15) : We reserve the right to charge an administration fee of up to $15 for changes to scheduled services, made within 48 hours of the delivery of that service.
8. Halt services
You may halt scheduled services at any given time by written instruction to us.
- We request one weeks notice if you wish to halt services for a specified period only (i.e. dog going on holiday).
- We request two weeks notice if you wish to halt services permanently (i.e. dog moving house).
- We will charge a cancellation fee if less than 48 hours notice is given for any halt of services.
If, during any service to any pet(s) and for any reason, we determine that the health and safety of our team or your pet(s) will be or are at risk, we may immediately cease services.
9. Payment, Late Payment, Default of Payment and Consequences of Default of Payment
- Fortnightly invoices will be issued by email.
- The method of payment will be by internet transfer or direct credit.
- Subject to any provision to the contrary in the Contract, payment shall be received within 5 days of the issue date of invoice.
- Late payment shall incur interest at the rate of 10% per annum calculated on a daily basis. This shall be payable on any monies outstanding from the date payment was due until the date payment is received by the Company, but without prejudice to the Company’s other rights or remedies in respect of the Client’s default in failing to make payment on the due date.
- Without prejudice to any other remedies the Company may have, if at any time the Client is in breach of any obligation (including those relating to payment), the Company may suspend or terminate the supply of services to the Client and any of its other obligations under the terms and conditions. The Company will not be liable to the Client for any loss or damage the Client suffers because the Company exercised its rights under this clause.
10. Dispute resolution
Walkies will endeavour to resolve any dispute between us without the need for Court proceedings.
Any such attempt is without legal prejudice.
You shall indemnify and hold harmless the Pet Care Professional and Walkies of and from any and all claims, demands, losses, causes of action, damage, lawsuits, judgments, including attorneys' fees and costs, arising out of or relating to the work of the Pet Care Professional.